Another beginner.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces3473

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey y'all, how y'all doin? I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself, :dance:. I've done the aqua thing before but it's been a while. I got my daughter set up with a 55 gallon fresh and it's chillin about 76.5 with 40ppm Nitrate, PH is 7.6. Those readings have been consistent for about 3 days now. I also just set up a 10 gallon Salt in my office and I'm going slow. I got the live sand and 4.7lbs of live rock, with established water from my LFS. I'll be adding rock as I go but am starting slow. 12 hours later the water is 77.5 and crystal clear. Stoked to be here, I'm not afraid to use the search tools and I'm sure I'll ask redundant questions after skipping right over the correct answer. Thanks in advance for any and all your tips, advice, corrections, & patience as well. It's nice to be here and I'm just hoping I can contribute as well as learn something.

:thanks:

Hi and welcome to the site.

Sounds like you have things moving along steadily. How is your cycle doing and which method did you choose?

A 10G is quite small what do you hope to put in it?

Hi and welcome to AA:) feel free to pick members brains and keep one thing in mind...have fun,even if you get frustrated..we all have been there at some point :D

About the water

Hi and welcome to the site.

Sounds like you have things moving along steadily. How is your cycle doing and which method did you choose?

A 10G is quite small what do you hope to put in it?

In the Fresh I just filled it up with tap water and started a treatment for 24 hours, I did have a decoration from my old 10 that went straight in, I think that helped the process a bunch. Cause it's been holding steady for 3 days now. I'm gonna go pick up some R/O and do 20% H20 change.

As for the 10G, it's my first Salt and I'm starting small, plus I don't wanna spend $$$$$$ for a ton gear. I figure start small and I'll work my way up. I'm in no hurry with it, just sand and rock for now, get the water right and then add some more rock until I hit around 10lbs. Not sure about fish or coral yet. I've heard Fish are easier to maintain in a fluctuating environment.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom