another co2 ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How tall? Hmmm... I can't find a tape measure. But, here's mine in my stand for my 40 breeder-

Hopefully you can see from the power strip and timers what the comparison is:
img_1312717_0_51c0f1371bacd4e4e020945da355b642.jpg

lookin like about 6in taller that the tank itself should be a good base to go from. i thank both of you for all the help you have givin me today. ill keep you updated

I'd say you need 4-6" above the valve on the cylinder for plenty of clearance. The bubble counter doesn't stick up tremendously, since the valve itself is about 2-3" higher than the threads...

im getting pritty stoked about putting co2 on my 10gal i got the 5lb tank from FedEx today (y) should have the reg in later this week. im going shopping for a stand tonite. i mite end up building a diy stand simalar to the one i built for my girlfriends 20gal but without the extra space for the cat lol.

Attachments

• co2 tank.jpg
    co2 tank.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 40
my reg came in today, now im getting super pumped. and to top it off i got my shippment of plants from mfdrookie, i havent opened up the box yet but im just about to go play with them and rescape my tank.

now im just waiting to get my difusser and drop checker and ill be set. i havent got the tank filled yet figured i would end up doing somehting stupid and riging somthing up to start the co2 without a difusser.

Attachments

• co2 reg.jpg
    co2 reg.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 46
:dance: yes it is but every new thing i get realy into it and super pumped, then once i get it set up and everything working good i have to do somthing diff to keep me interested lol...

this is prob one of the few things i have ever done that i didnt go full tilt rite out from the start (thats a whole nother story lol)

im using the 10gal to practic bc i have wanted to high tec plant my 75gal but didnt want to put alot of time and $$ into it just to crash it bc i was in a learning curve

have to check out my build thread in the diy section of my new stand

That's completely understandable. That's why I made sure to research and listen to the experiences of those who had done what I wanted before I set mine up.

i have a hard time researching and understanding what i read. so what i have to do is get a rough idea of whats going on and learn as i go ill read and understand anything about the subject. idk if is a learning disorder of just a diff way of understanding. im what teachers called hands on learner lol

got my plants in last nite i think they look good the pic isnt very good its a cell phone cam it looks 10times better in person

Attachments

• 10gal planted.jpg
    10gal planted.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 47
Nope, you did it right. All of them shoudl be planted. The water sprite and wisteria will grow the fastest. The ludwigia will grow stems off right above the leaves and you can just pluck them off once they get long enough and plant them and they'll grow in to their own plant. The water sprite will start growing new sprouts off the root system once it gets established, and the star grass you can just break off and start new plants.

got my drop checker 2day. so how does this thing work?? there wasnt any instructions that come with it. the bottel of stuff tells how many drops, but how much tank water do i have to put in the bulb, and what color an i looking for? what color is not enuff co2 and what color is to much?

You need some reference water... if you're handy, you can make it yourself. there's a sticky in this forum on how to do so. Or, you can buy it for about $5 on ebay. Then, you put a few drops of the bromethyl blue in until it gets to a nice blue color. Blue is not enough, green is good, yellow is high. I keep mine on the high side, green with a yellow tinge.

ok im back sorry been MIA for a few weeks. its been crazy in ohio. non stop rain, then when we got a nice day had the motor puke in our main peice of equipment

i have all my stuff i need, and just got my tank filled today $7 cant beat that. got home and found out i dont have a big enuff wrench to put the reg on the tank :banghead:

but i was thinking, when filling the bubble counter, should i use water. i thought i read a thread that said they used veg oil and didnt have to worry about evaporation. does that sound rite?

I use veggie oil. I also just used a pair of channellocks since I didn't have a wrench either.

$7 is a good price. I wish I could get mine filled that cheap.

sounds good. oh i have a wrench that big but its up at my shop in my truck thats hooked to the camper ready to go to the 4wheel jamboree this weekend. and im not wanting to drive to the shop and use the gas to get a wrench when ill be there tomoro . the guy that filled mine is where we get out welding gas tanks exchanged. he runs out of his garage beenther 15yrs guess i luck out from the sounds of things from what other ppl say they pay

all right all right i got my co2 set up all hooked up and bubbling..yay!! about how many bpm should i start off with?? i checked mine about 10 times and i have between 6 and 7 bpm and is a check valve important?

Back
Top Bottom