Another GBR problem....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just wondering what could be happening with this GBR. This is the 2nd GBR that it's happening to. The first one died a while back ago, and I had posted about it a while ago. But this GBR had white spots around the top of it's head. It's a male. And it's in one of my breeder tanks. He seems to be doing good, but it's getting worse. The white spots are in a circular shape around the crown of his head. They are larger spots than ick. And the head seems to be sinking in a little as well. Could this be hole in the head? And if so, what can I do to help him out?

For Hole in the head disease, Metronidazole is most commonly recommended. It is hard to believe with your water conditions that HTH is the case but the symptoms certainly seem like it. Good luck Wolf and keep us updated.

That sounds like the problem. It came from the lfs fine, but the spots started showing up a couple days later. They are in a bare-bottom, very clean, 10G breeder tank. I also do 50% PWC's on it weekly.

The only thing that's strange, is his belly is getting big as well. Started feeding some peas, just to make sure it's not constipation. Other than that, he seems to be doing quite well.

I'm also thinking of changing 1-2G daily or every other day to see if it helps any as well.

Back
Top Bottom