Another school?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishieKeeper429

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now I have a cycled, lightly planted (plants coming in next week), 10g with an air pumped led volcano, one betta who is incredibly calm and a school of 7 ember tetras. I have a Tetra Whisper 10l and the tank is always clean. I do weekly 10% water changes and all is good and happy. Although I just added a school, the tank seems a bit empty still. Could I potentionally add another school? Maybe Flame Tetra or Black Skirt Tetra. Obviously I want either black or red fish. Is this a good idea tho? I don't want to over stock. Thanks!

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Black skirt tetras are notorious fin nippers. I would definitely not go with them. How about Harlequin Rasboras? They are Red with black, so just the color you want! They are peaceful, and are happiest in groups of at least 6, preferably 8. I love mine, and have them in with a female betta.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how big ember tetras get, but I just re-read your post and I see this is only a 10 gallon tank. The betta and the tetras you have is already overstocked. I would not add any more fish to this tank. Upgrade to a 20, and it would be perfect.

Chili rasboras. Tiny, really colourful, and incorporates red and black.

Black skirt tetras are notorious fin nippers. I would definitely not go with them. How about Harlequin Rasboras? They are Red with black, so just the color you want! They are peaceful, and are happiest in groups of at least 6, preferably 8. I love mine, and have them in with a female betta.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how big ember tetras get, but I just re-read your post and I see this is only a 10 gallon tank. The betta and the tetras you have is already overstocked. I would not add any more fish to this tank. Upgrade to a 20, and it would be perfect.

To the OP: I believe you are close if not already fully stocked. You could try some Amano shrimp or snails.

To rocky: I keep 5 adult black skirts with an angelfish. No idea where the fin nipping thing comes in I've never seen any detection of nipping in mine.

Black skirts get way too big for a 10g anyway.

Caleb

Aqadvisor said that I am at 60% and have plenty of filtration... And I actually have a PF10 not a 10l.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

Maybe harlequin Rasbora but I personally wouldn't add fish and add some plants. I have a 10g with Rasboras and a betta and hornwort with weights to keep it on the floor and it looks nice ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431191289.613601.jpg let it grow as long as you'd like or keep it as short as you'd like

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom