Antired or Red Slime Remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flynnternet

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone have any experience with these products? Do they work? Are they harmful to a reef tank (no corals)?

TIA for any advice.

ar eyou wanting ot use this for cyano removal? I wouldn't use anyhing like that in my tank. I would do waterchanges. Test your phosphate levels,cut back on feeding, syphon out any cyano that you have. Especially since you have inverts in your tank. HTH

If you want a quick fix for you cyano I would look a chemiclean. It gets rid of cyano fast, but I would find your source first. like brndfrb said above...

I'm not sure what my problem is, actually. I have had a gross brown/red coating on my sand on one side of my tank (the side that gets some sunlight), and a dark green on the other side (away from the sun) for many months. My water params are all good. No phosphate, nitrate. I use RO/DI water and always have. No snails will eat this stuff and nothing I do gets rid of it. In my depseration I am looking at chemical fixes.

Oh, and I've tried to siphon this stuff but it takes too much of my sand with it, and it just comes back.

Ultralife red slime remover worked well for me. Didn't have to run any carbon after I used it. The red slime actually separated from the sand and allowed me to syphon real easy without pulling sand too.

Even though it may work for you too, probably got get a handle on the phospates in your water to keep it from coming back.

Remember that just because your phosphate levels are zero does not mean you are not having a problem with them. It just means that the nuisance algaes are consuming rapidly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom