Ants swarming tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris J

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm away for a week and my fiancée just informed me I have ants in and around my tank. She said there are no fish missing or dead fish behind the tank or under the lights. She said there's no spilled food anywhere and I just did an 80% wc before I left. Anybody have any ideas?

So I'm away for a week and my fiancée just informed me I have ants in and around my tank. She said there are no fish missing or dead fish behind the tank or under the lights. She said there's no spilled food anywhere and I just did an 80% wc before I left. Anybody have any ideas?

How did the ants get there in the first place. If that can be fixed they won't be near the tank in the future. To catch the ants around put an open ziploc with sugar beside it.

What fish and what ants? They could be welcome snacks.

Is it on a stand? Alittle ant powder around the feet would stop them or around the base of the tank if its on a desk or kitchen top etc.

It is on a stand and she says they are not in a specific location, just randomly all over the tank and stand, I have her placing anything in the drawers that she thinks they could be coming from outside on the porch. They're SA cichlids in the tank and an RES. I'm sure they will be eaten if they are in the tank but I don't want the ones on the outside spreading into the condo.

Back
Top Bottom