Anubias, how much light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
How much light is enough for anubias? I used to leave ~12 hrs the lights on and the anubias were doing great, but a week ago since I'm leaving the lights on for 9 hrs it seems they are dying, I see brown leafs. Any recommendation? Thanks!

12 hours is somewhat algae prone..8-9 hours is fine. if you have other kinds of lighting aside from incandescent lighting then you are good. Anubias are hardy plants and only needs low light. 1-2 wattage per gallon and they will thrive.

My light is on for seven hours daily and my anubias is growing new leaves weekly and is flowering :)

My blue and purple lights go on at 2pm, daylights on at 4pm, daylights of at 9pm and the blues and purple off at 11pm. I'm not home during the day and by the time I get home the days are on. I'm up late so I have the blue and purple lights on because I like the look when relaxing. Not too bright just calming. It's a Solarmax 4 bulb T5 HO fixture.

Anyway my Anubias do just fine. I do dose Flourish excel 3x's a week and double dose at water changes.

image-1106941132.jpg

About how old are your bulbs? My guess is that's more the issue than the amount of time they are on.

Edit: oh yeah, LEDs. *facedesk*

Thanks all for your insightful comments. I'm trying to find out the specs of my lighting but I can't find them on the internet. I have a Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank. It has 21 LEDs, 76000K, that the only info I have right now. I will try to get more info regarding this.

I'm going to adjust the timmer so the light is on only 7 hours per day and I will buy some Flourish Excel to add it to my tank. How much should I add to this small tank?

I really hope that my anubias do not die! :(

Best.

Back
Top Bottom