Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baffle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I planted my anubias too deep in the substrate, and the stems started to rot. I pulled it up to the top of the substrate. The roots still look like they have life in them. Can it come back just from the roots?

is the rhizome on top of the substrate? If so, it should be ok. Make sure that its fully out of the substrate though and only roots are in. I think its just easier to tie them to something

If you just have roots, then no it won't come back. However if some of the rhizome (the part that both the leaves and roots grow out of) is still firm, then it could make a come back.

half the rhizome looks good and half looks bad, I will keep a close eye on it !

I would recommend removing the bad portions of the plant so that it can focus its energy on new growth rather than trying to repair the damage. This should give it a better chance and allow it to come back sooner.

i agree with cutting off the dead part of the rhizome. if its not firm it's garbage. and on the good side you can take a pin and make a tiny little scrape. that scrape should spur new growth in that area. i would wait on doing that though untill the area that you cut off heals.

good luck

part of the root is still green, I let it lay on the bottom of the tank. its in a low light part of the tank. Should I increase the light?

Back
Top Bottom