anus worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Langerz

Aquarium Advice Activist
We all know those drended red thread sticking out of the bum.
I have used nearly every warming and internal parasite treatment I can get hold.
I have read that numerouse people have had some luck with lemvisome hidrochloride (cattle dewormer) After weeks of searching I have managed to get hold of some.
It is 7.5 percent levi chl.
I am having trouble finding how much I should use. Can some1 with experience help

Could you give me a link to the brand you purchased? Is it Vermisol?

Hey
This is the product I managed to get
LEVACIDE INJECTION 500 MLS, Wormers

I use the powedered form if this drug which can be purchsed from Jedds:
Vermisol

The dosage is 1/2 tsp of powdered drug every 20 gallons. The drug must be mixed with vodka to dissolve.

Your drug is already in liquid form so I'm not sure at all how would be recommended. However, both are 7.5% lavamisole in concentration so...is it the same? You could try this drug with one fish for 24 hours and see if there are any ill affects. This drug in powdered form does not affect nitrifying bacteria.

Unfottunatly im in england. There is alot contraversy with the powdered form over here ( due to drug dealers) so I cant get any without a perscription and I cant get a perstriction without a vet who knows what hes doing and will travel. So im kinda stuck with this one

Unfottunatly im in england. There is alot contraversy with the powdered form over here ( due to drug dealers) so I cant get any without a perscription and I cant get a perstriction without a vet who knows what hes doing and will travel. So im kinda stuck with this one

How about his product that is sold in the UK: Wormer Pluse:
Wormer Plus | Discus Wormer

It has flubendazole and used in the water column.

I have used one very similiar to that from nt labs. Which is a wormer and based with same ingriedient. It had no effect.
I found some info on people using 1 ml of per 7 litlres ( more or less 1gallon ) does this sound about right??

I have used one very similiar to that from nt labs. Which is a wormer and based with same ingriedient. It had no effect.
I found some info on people using 1 ml of per 7 litlres ( more or less 1gallon ) does this sound about right??

Wow, you must have a strain that has built resistance to flubendazole, which is not good news. :(

Sorry, I really am not familiar with lavimasole in liquid form. I found this link from this site:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/callamanus-worms-and-levamisole-43516.html

And this really great article:

Levamisole Hydrochloride — Loaches Online

"Levamisole phosphate 13.5% is equivalent to 136.5 mg of Levamisole Hydrochloride. Dosing is as follows: Levamisole (13.65% injectable) - 2 ppm (1.1 ml per 20 gallons)."

It get's into alot of detail regarding dosage. Hope this helps.

10 gallons = 37.8541 litres
2% solution = 2 mg per 100 ml
2 ppm = 2 divided by 10,000= .0002%

Someone with better math than me please help!! I really don't think this is right.

OK, I think I have the right dose. Here's how I worked it out:

Levacide is a 7.5% w/v= 7.5 grams of levamisole to 100 mls of water.
10 gallons = 37.8541 litres (size of a standard QT tank)
2 ppm = 2 divided by 10,000= .0002%= .002 g per litre
.002 x 37.85= .076 g of drug per 37.85 litres of water
.076 g multiplied by 100ml divided by 7.5 grams= 1 ml of 7.5% solution for a 10 gallon tank.

Did I get this right? I'm a fine arts major!!

7.5 ml per 100 = 37.5 in 500ml

So if I put 100 ml levicide in 1000l tank it will give me 3.75 ppm

So by that I can say 10ml of levicide per 100l of water.

My tank is 500 liters which 50 ml of levicide.

Deep breath and a cup of tea

7.5 ml per 100 = 37.5 in 500ml

So if I put 100 ml levicide in 1000l tank it will give me 3.75 ppm

So by that I can say 10ml of levicide per 100l of water.

My tank is 500 liters which 50 ml of levicide.

Deep breath and a cup of tea

2 ppm is recommended which would be 2 grams/1000 litres of tank water.

so...

7.5% = 7.5 grams per 100 ml

Therefore,

26 mls of 7.5% solution will give you 2 grams of drug per 1000 litres of tank water.

For a 500 litre tank, you will need half this , or 13 mls.

Right????

U deserve a blue peters badge or a gold star not quite shure which. Either way there is now some rough idea of how much we should be using with this product.

Dont know why the numbers just seem too low.
But thinking about it that nt labs wormer I used only need 10ml for whole tank

Thanks, Langerz! It took me some time to get my head around the numbers, but I'm glad I did. I've never been able to figure out PPM's and grams/l, etc. It was a good brain exercise! Please let us know how the treatment works out. :)

Dont know why the numbers just seem too low.
But thinking about it that nt labs wormer I used only need 10ml for whole tank

I could be wrong with my calculations, but the recommended dosage was 2 ppm which means 2 parts per million. That is a very small number.

You will need to treat your tank once a week for 3 weeks to ensure that the hatching eggs do not reinfect your fish, with an 80% change of water before every treatment.

Right I bit the bullet and put 50 ml in the tank should be more than enough.
Did this about an hour ago, all the fish seem fine there are no rapid breath or no colouration of the tank water.

How long does it take to start working ???

Back
Top Bottom