Any room for 2-3 Adf's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allaboutfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I have a 5 gallon thy will be stocked as follows
1-Betta
3-endler's
And want to know if I can fit 2-3 adf's. If 5 gallon is too small would it work in a 10 gallon?

I'd say no. The 10-gal tank would be a much better idea than the 5-gal would. The 5-gal is overstocked right now or close to it.

How many adfs could I have in a 10 gallon with a Betta 6 male endler's or similar sized tetras or rasboras?

i would go with 3-5. they have pretty small bioload.

If you can, I would do the frogs in the 5 gal and the fish in the 10. The frogs are nearly blind, and hence have a hard time competing for food with the fish. IME they do better in a species only tank. If you are mixing them, I would reco a female betta as they seem to get torn up by the frogs alot less due to significantly less finnage.

I could do them in the 5 but then I wouldn't have a quarantine. Could I still do 5 in the 5 gallon by themselves? And if I ever need a quarantine I can put them in the 10?

If you can, I would do the frogs in the 5 gal and the fish in the 10. The frogs are nearly blind, and hence have a hard time competing for food with the fish. IME they do better in a species only tank. If you are mixing them, I would reco a female betta as they seem to get torn up by the frogs alot less due to significantly less finnage.
i wouldnt put the frogs in a 5. IMO,you could only put 2-3 in. they seem pretty active to me,darting around randomly,and might not be happy in a 5. my frogs do fine with a female betta,4 ghost shrimp,a guppy(temporary),and 2 juvy swordtails(temporary)

I could do them in the 5 but then I wouldn't have a quarantine. Could I still do 5 in the 5 gallon by themselves? And if I ever need a quarantine I can put them in the 10?
i wouldnt put 5 in a 5. IMO,theyed be fine in the 10.

But I have a male betta
i think that a male is fine,he may get nipped a couple times if the frogs mistake his fins for food(which they do to anything that moves within a couple inches of them). they dont have teeth,so i wouldnt be that worried.

Have you guys ever seen an adult ADF? I really wouldn't recommend putting multiple ADFs in a 10 gallon, especially with the betta and other fish. They're definitely not suitable for a 5 gallon IMO.

Are you sure your not talking about ACFS bc they get big and you can only have one per 10 gallons

Have you guys ever seen an adult ADF? I really wouldn't recommend putting multiple ADFs in a 10 gallon, especially with the betta and other fish. They're definitely not suitable for a 5 gallon IMO.
ADFs dont get very big,like... 1 to 1-1/2 inches not including legs. multiples are fine in a 10,but i agree with you on not putting them in a 5.

Yes. I am quite sure.

And an ACF should have more than 10 gallons IMO.

ADFs dont get very big,like... 1 to 1-1/2 inches not including legs. multiples are fine in a 10,but i agree with you on not putting them in a 5.

Not the case from what I have seen. Keep in mind that you're seeing juveniles in the pet stores.

Ok so now in totally confused. I'm gonna keep them in the 10 with the other fish but then now I don't know if I should or how many

I can't say that I know much about them, other than someone saying here that they have a low bioload and are small. Now that I think of it, I think I've heard that they will eat smaller fish. Is that true severum mama?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom