Any room for 2-3 Adf's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would say 5 max in a ten. then add a betta if you want.and if you keep a betta in a 5,only inverts as tankmates.

+1

I kept 2 ADF's w/ a Betta in my 10g for a couple of months. Then, after my Betta passed, I moved the ADF's to my 55g community tank. They have been in there for 3 months and they have absolutely no problem w/ the fish, feedings, or getting air.

So yes, they can be housed w/ other fish, (not just Bettas), as long as the fish aren't aggressive. As far as tank size, a 10g would definitely be better than a 5g.

I absolutely think that just like bettas, a 10 gal is better, but IMO a 5 gal is suitable. My current ADF tank is a 10 gal but I have kept them in a 5 gal long term in the past and they thrived.

I have a frog that I would never keep a fish with..he would rip it to shreds. He attacks my hand all the time. And fish hurt frogs all the time as well. The frogs that I have seen in community settings are emaciated. I'm sure lots of people are keeping them in communities succesfully, but I tried it and it didn't work out, and I've heard more stories of injury than I could possibly count over the years. Personally, I much prefer to keep the frogs and fish seperate and think everyone is safer that way. Would I rather keep the frogs in a 10 gal? Yes. Would I rather keep them in a 5 than mix them with fish and possibly end up with ripped up frogs or fish? Yes.

i would say 5 max in a ten. then add a betta if you want.and if you keep a betta in a 5,only inverts as tankmates.

Why don't you get 5, let them grow to full size, take what you've learned about them so far and do even more research, and then YOU be the judge :)

Or I'll get 6 for the 10 and then keep my Betta in the 5 with 6 nano fish

I think 5 gals is the absolute minimum for a betta. He/she needs all that space to themselves. I keep a nerite snail with my bettas but that's it. You could try some shrimp but I haven't had much luck with them. Try some ghosties since they're cheap and see how they do.

But they'd be by they're selves so I thought you could keep like 10

According to Wikipedia, (and a few other sources), they state that 1 ADF per gallon is the max. However, the problem w/ sources like Wikipedia stating 1 ADF per gallon is ok is that I don't think they account for them being in a decorated tank.

So, technically, you could keep up to 10 in a 10g, but I would think that 5 or 6 would be plenty. Especially if your tank is going to be heavily decorated. They definitely need room to move around and explore.

Yes I've named him Sid, because he's so vicious ;) He's also obese. Horrible piggish-ness. lol

Why don't you get 5, let them grow to full size, take what you've learned about them so far and do even more research, and then YOU be the judge :)
i have 3 that are full size right now(and i plan on getting 2 more),and when i google them,every page on the first 2 sheets is purple.i can do more research,but i doubt it will change my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom