Any Sharks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fathomed

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I'm still quite new to having aquariums although I've set up a decent 30g tank for almost a month now. I'm pratically addicted to housing fishes as pets and decieded on a 200-300 gallon, though probably 250g built-in aquarium in my master bedroom. It's going to be 85" x 40" and 20" high.

I, however, have no clue as to what I'm putting in there. I really really really like sharks. I'm not really looking for the Cyprinidae "sharks" but something more like sharks in JAWS. Hehe, except I like freshwater.

Are there any fw sharks that grow to about 3-4 feet long? A bizarre question indeed. I don't think I'll find any that size, the lfs holds 3 leopards sharks and 1 nurse shark but they grow to extreme sizes. Nevermind sharks, I'd probably feel a little guilty about keeping them captive anyway.

Any suggestions for my tank would be nice, I just feel wasteful of so much money if I put like guppy-sized fish in there. XD Although a billions guppies would look kind of cool.

Bala sharks get up to 15" long. You could easilly house a scool of them in that tank after they reach full size. they like running in packs of 5-10 anyways.

Back
Top Bottom