anyone ever had to deal with HLLE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not personally but these are the things that I have heard and read that can help stop/reverse HLLE.

Grounding probe.
Change of diet to be one of higher vitemans/nutrients
Increase water quality

What particular fish is suffering from this? How long and how far along is HLLE?

i had it once on my yellow tang. looks pretty ugly. i started giving him green veggies soaked in vitamins for months and it never really looked any better. what i have found from reading anything and EVERYTHING on the internet about HLLE is that nobody really knows much about it and exactly what its caused by or how to cure it. the only things you can do are what fishfreek said and hope for a miracle.

i've noticed it on my yellow tang lately, its not that bad, just a little around the eyes, but i definitely don't like for any of my animals to have anything going wrong. I feed it well with green seaweed soaked in garlic, and i've tested for loose current and there isn't any. The only thing i could think it could be is my pH, which is 8.6, and i've been trying for a month to get that down

I had it on my Imperator for over 8 yrs. The fish lived for 11 yrs but I tried everything from supplements like Selcon to diet to grounding probe to Kanacyn meds & it never got any better.

I have a yellow tang living with HLLE for the 4 of 5 years that i've been its master. He only has his two swimming fins and half a tail fin and he doesn't seem to care at all. I've tried both Vita Chem and Selcon(both are supposed to reveres HLLE) to no avail. I've never had issues with water quality and i feed it all types of foods, including seaweed with garlic, formula 2 with garlic, broccoli, romaine lettuce, anything and everything green he could eat. So what I've concluded or maybe it's what he's taught me is that if he doesn't care about his outward appearance then i shouldn't worry about it either. For he is the real master of my aquarium and he's as happy as can be, as long as food falls from the sky a couple of times a day.

Back
Top Bottom