Anyone from Philly or Penn State area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which pets plus is that? I get annoyed by all their mixed breeds with confusing names :D and depending in the store their labels can be quite off...

On a side note, any opinions of the q-mart pet store? Saw some interesting fish there (all in ten gallons) and got some cories I have never heard of/seen.

I was in the one near Oxford Valley Mall. I can't buy there, because I just can't support the puppy mill operation. I saw a puppy, same breed as my dog. I know what the prices for the breed run from reputable breeders. At 1/3 to 1/2 the price, I don't want to know how bad the conditions are where that dog came from.
I don't know much yet about fish, I'm pretty new to it, but I know a skirt tetra from one that isn't. They may have a good selection of supplies, but they just aren't a respectable business.

I haven't been to q mart in years, and I wasn't looking at fish when I went, but the sticky buns and gyros are worth the trip.

stickie buns and gyros are still there, I forget just when it changed hands and went from Q-pet to fins,feathers, paws and claws who I know better from their smaller location in harleysville, I have say I've only been through the new location once but I hope the quality and care is better, I always found it hit or miss at the harleysville store

This is for anyone in the Philly area! I just got back from Limekiln Ponds & Gardens in Glenside. They are normally only a seasonal store with pond fish, monster koi, goldfish & tons of plants. Well, they are now expanding into tropicals and plan on being open year round. Still in the setup process but they plan on stocking only more unusual species of tropicals. Right now, theres a stunning breeding pair of huge managuese (sp?) cichlids, various pacus including albinos, some interesting dempseys, a few small piranhas, a pike cichlid, some other cichlids, various catfish (rapheal, pim, spotted, etc) and a few huge spotted/other plecos. It will interesting to see what they have in the upcoming months!

Hey all!

I'm new to the whole AA experience, calling out from the 'burbs of philadelphia. I plan on going to the hidden reef in Levittown tomorrow! Does anyone know of any reputable spots closer by my neck of the woods?

If you read through this thread, pretty much every place around the area is mentioned. What exactly are you looking for/what area around philly?

New store find for me

Hey all!

I'm new to the whole AA experience, calling out from the 'burbs of philadelphia. I plan on going to the hidden reef in Levittown tomorrow! Does anyone know of any reputable spots closer by my neck of the woods?

I just went to Aquarium Center in Clementon NJ last week. It was amazing. They also just started selling coral frags and there setup looks great.

I in in delco pa so it's about a 30-40 minute drive, but i've never seen such a good selection of fresh and salt fish. Plus more plants then I have ever seen in my life. Everything look well cared for as well.

I am actually happy it is that far away.... harder to spend the money there.

Jon, if you ever get to the Lancaster area, there's a guy who has a pretty decent price on yellow labs up our way. We bought about 20 fish from him (our whole Mbuna stock) and didn't lose 1 and all were healthy.

Washington Twp here (Gloucester county, not the one up in stinky north Jersey ;-) )

@lrypti I definitely gotta check them out I don't mind traveling. Losing 6 out of 7 labs in 3 days doesn't make for a good day.

@lrypti I definitely gotta check them out I don't mind traveling. Losing 6 out of 7 labs in 3 days doesn't make for a good day.

Ow! Definitely not. We've had all of our guys for going on 2 months now. If we lose any at this point, it's our fault. Here is his CL ad with his number. He's got pretty cool set ups. 2 big tanks with the parents, then a bunch of grower tanks. We picked our guys up at his house. You just have to supply bags or something for transport. And he will work deals for multiple purchases. His fish personality/compatibility info is a little off, but the fish themselves are good lol

Colorful African Cichlid Aquarium Fish

Yea u got fish factory on 413 they won't lead u wrong Roy and his crew there r great they do water test have rodi and will point you in the right direction as long as u work with in like tell in what's in the tank etc

Also have pets plus pass Oxford valley mall on business route 1 Jim's on trevose rd in feasterville and if you really know what u want u can get a list together and call up heavenly fis in nj you will have to look that up I don't know that one off the top of my head they sell to the other stores in the area but u have to have a sharp eye with heaven cause they will throw in a fish that is dieing on you

Also have pets plus pass Oxford valley mall on business route 1 Jim's on trevose rd in feasterville and if you really know what u want u can get a list together and call up heavenly fis in nj you will have to look that up I don't know that one off the top of my head they sell to the other stores in the area but u have to have a sharp eye with heaven cause they will throw in a fish that is dieing on you

Have you actually been to Heavenly Fish?? I went there last year out of curiousity. They are a wholesaler that sells to all the stores around the tri-state area but you can purchase directly from their operation. After going there, I dont think I will ever purchase another fish from any of the stores in the tri-state area....

Jim Strattons is mainly a pond store and the advice they have suggested to myself is pretty awful though theres one pretty sw setup in their tiny, tiny store.

Yea I've sold one or two tanks to Jim's they will order fish if you ask them

Back
Top Bottom