Thoughts on buying stock from a fleamarket pet seller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C.w.deegan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tomorrow me and my wife will be going to a local flea market just to look around and get a few things every time I am there there is a old guy with a booth and he sells birds and fish I have always been hesitant to but from him tho because I'm worried about getting a sick fish or the fish being stressed from being moved tank to tank every weekend when he sets up and takes down his booth anyone have any input or experience buying from a flea market before?

Look at the birds and fish. If they look healthy, buy some and see how they do.

He probably breeds as a hobby and to give himself a bit of extra income.

Yeah thats what I was thinking get 1 or 2 fish and quarantine them for a couple weeks and see how they do were heading there right now so we shall see lol

What sort of fish do they sell? Occasionally yhere's a guy at the car boot sale we go to on Sundays that sells goldfish.

A plus is another stall sells some aquarium consumables and has no idea what they sell for retail. I get £20 of test strips for £1.

The fish being sold don't necessarily have to be sick, can they be any worse than some of the big stores? Look at the fish and how they look, buy if you like just keep it/them separated for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom