Anyone have African Clawed Frogs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Post pictures! Also, does your tank get dirty fast?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388730147.432687.jpg these are my albino clawed frogs. There the same thing except the colour. They do make a lot of waste but it should not matter if you have a good filter and do your weekly water changes.

Are they compatible with Black Ghost Knife's, Senegal bichir's, or Synodontis' ??

Would you mind explaining?

Clawed frogs are carnivores and will try to eat fish. Big or small even if the fish is big i have seen them bite at large fish and chances are the frog will eventually get one.

Poor unfortunate frogs... I was told these weren't dyed, they had used the same process as glofish- yea, right!! Lucky for me they are doing fine- haven't even faded yet. These are my daughters African clawed frogs, the green one is 'creeper' and the pink one is 'cupcake'

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391413412912.jpg
    1391413412912.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 82
  • 1391413447560.jpg
    1391413447560.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 114
If you're willing to do the turkey baster cleaning several times a day and carpeting your substrate with dense moss and heavily planting with java fern, anubis, and lots of floating plants keeping small acf with live bearers in an overcrowded breeder (40g or more) they make amusing population control... It's actually better then watching TV.

How much are these frogs? I haven't seen any of these here in southern cali..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got mine for $3 each, seems to be the normal price in northern new England

They may not be legal in Cali... I think they became an invasive species out there at one point...

Back
Top Bottom