anyone know this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eva1313

Aquarium Advice Activist
He is a small cowfish but brown with black spots about one square inch in size. The fish hub told me he is a pacific cowfish but i know for sure he isnt a pacific longhorn cowfish. I think he resembles a roundbelly cowfish but small. I tried to upload a pic but the sight keeps giving me an error. Ill keep trying.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130305_212802.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_212802.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 180
  • ForumRunner_20130305_212827.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_212827.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ForumRunner_20130305_212912.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_212912.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 188
  • ForumRunner_20130305_213027.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_213027.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 183
  • ForumRunner_20130305_213057.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_213057.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 183
  • ForumRunner_20130305_213128.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130305_213128.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 161
Hard to tell from the pics, it foes look a bit like a long horn or perhaps a thornback? Either way its an awesome fish and I hope you have good luck with it! They are an ambitious fish to keep in an aquarium... having said that If I had a massive tank it would be the first thing I put in it!

He is the coolest fish iv ever had. He does tricks like barrel rolls to get your attention. He can hear so you can call his name. And he loves attention and to be hand fed! Awesome fish!

Either way its awesome, have you done your research on this expert only fish? Hopefully it's not a longhorn, min. 250g tank for those guys! Grows over a foot!

Its not a longhorn. I know that for sure. Iv been doing allot if research. He does required tons of attention. I have to hand feed him live worms. He is to slow and the other fish steal his food. He is a funny swimmer. He loves to ride the current. Its cute. I check my tank daily and empty my skimmer daily. I also have a uv bulb in my filter. The only thing im not sure about is the water. Everyone tells me different. How often should you change the water in a 75 gallon tank?

I honestly think he is a round belly which will be well over a foot. But the guy who sold him to me said he wont get more than 6". Idk but we love him so much we arent worried. We will build a bigger tank in a year if we have to. I would like a predatory tank anyhow. This one is for coral.

Once a week is the general rule. I do 20% but 10-10% would be ok. Was just checking you had done your research on this fish as you seem kind of new that's all. You know about the poison when stressed? Do you have future plans to move him when he gets big? Get yourself a QT if you don't already :)

Can you get a better pic? He looks too pointy to be a round belly. You can keep him with predatory fish, he is a peaceful fellow :)

I do a little more than 10% a week. Yeah i know about the poison. I dont plan on moving my tank for a while. He is very happy in his home right now. I am hoping the owner of the fish store didnt lie and he stays 6". I am very new but i have allot of experts around. But none of us can figure out what kind of fish he is....

He cant.... hmmmm ok. Well hopefully he isnt what we all think he is. The owner of the store swears he wont get over 6". I have my doubts. .

I am no expert but I am pretty sure there is no species of box fish or cowfish that only grows to 6" they are a huge species! You don't have any aggressive fish now do you that bother him?

Nope i have a very calm tank. A coral beauty, mandarin goby, 2 small clown fish and 3 blue damsils. An urchin and a anemone. They are all very peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom