Anyone own a Eheim 2328 professionel Canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wright4lfe

Aquarium Advice Activist
okay

i found out my 180 will be in on Sept. 1st. i want to have everything purchased and ready to go before it gets here.

i looked on the Eheim website and this looks to be the best cannister filter they sell. i want the very best in cannister filtration and this looks to be the best...

i looked on bigalsonline and they didn't carry it.

does anyone know where i could possibly pick one up? i know i could probably order one from my lfs, but i don't want to pay thru the roof for it.

anyone got any suggestions?

Marinedepot.com carries some, also might want to check e-bay out. Also alot of computer modifiers use eheim, check out their sites.

i've tried those sites, but nobody seems to carry the 2328. i've found the 2228 in a few places, but i can't find the top of the line 2328...

wheres tank girl at? she seems to know more than most about filtration...

As far as I know, the 2328 is the "Professional" series, and the 2128 is the "Professional II" series, which is actually the upgrade. Have a look at http://www.eheimparts.com/client/producttypes.aspx?categoryid=4.

The way they split the availability of their model numbers between the American and European markets is very confusing. For example, the "2328 Professional" does seem to still be available, but only in Europe. Their top of the line "wet dry" filter, the 2329, is also only available in Europe. In America you can only get the 2229, which is the same thing but doesn't have the integrated heating.

The other thing that I think stinks is if you want to buy the 2128 for your Marine system, you have to pay for the filter which only supports fresh water, then you have to pay $432.38 at eheimparts.com for the case and heater that supports saltwater if you didn't think to look for a vendor that sells it as a "saltwater" version.

I would definitely go with the Proffesional II series if you can - that is what I would get if I had a tank that needed a filter and I had the dough!

Thanks for clearing that up, Medusa Head :D

i think i am going to go with either 2 2128's and 1 2260 or 2 2260's and 1 2128.

i'm not sure about the effecency of the heater in the 2128....

don't be jealous...lol

i work anywhere from 50-80 hours a week in real estate investment/refinancing. my fish, aside from my son and g/f are the only relaxation i have in my life. when i buy stuff, i try to buy the best. no point in going half way.

i have been considering those, but what do you do about heating when you get to the 180gl level? i don't want to have 2 or 3 heaters hanging over the side.

thats pretty much the only reason i'm considering the pro 2 series, the internal heaters...

I have the classic series and it sure gets to be a pain to clean them! However, like I have said a million times, I know these filters will last me a very, very long time.

Wright4life, I hear you! I have a garage full of pieces parts from various upgrades over the years, and I imagine I would have saved $$ if I had just gotten the best stuff to begin with. It is a smart way to do it :)

EDIT: Go with titanium heaters, speaking of good "goods."

as far as titanium heaters, i'm not seeing them on bigals or marinedepot. anyone got a link to where i can find one?

If you have $$$ to burn, why not get a silinder CO2 set with pH controller?

Back
Top Bottom