Anyone thought of starting a "clear" fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KrazyMuncher

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone thought about owning a tank with clear fish? Like you can have some glassfish( not dyed), a glass knifefish, a school of glass catfish and some glass shrimp. I think it would be pretty cool. If anyone had a tank like this or can find a picture of a similar tank please post it as I want to see what it would look like. Thank you.:thanks: If there are any clear freshwater fish can you please let me know.

I've thought about it but some of those fish are more sensitive and I'm not an expert fish keeper.
You would need a lot of plants and a dark background, but you could call it a ghost tank.

I love my Glass cats. They are pretty neat fish kind of just swim in place and are pretty chill, until mealtime and then they are wild eaters. Sorry not a tank with just them though.

Sounds fun. If you make one just make sure to check all parameters needed for them, pH, temp, the plants, fast running water flow, predators to shrimp.

Post your tank if/when you do it!

Back
Top Bottom