API quick start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welshy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok before anyone asks...no I'm not sponsored by API or getting any money for this, I wish I was haha! And there maybe hundreds of these topics already on here but I thought I would let you all know how I got on... So I've cycled tanks more times than I care to count and have always gone down the tried and tested methods of either pre seeded filter material , a fishless cycle or the more painful cycle with livestock, I always looked down on any of the chemical "wonder working" "instant setup" "beneficial bacteria" type products. But this time with a 3 year old running around and getting impatient to get this setup going quickly I bought some of the API Quick start and put in the recommended dosage for the tank along with a load of neon tetra and platies, I was still not feeling confident in the product but I was feeling less guilty than if i had just threw the fish in....to cut not a long story short....tank has finished cycling ,no losses,no waiting and one very happy 3 year old and an old dog has learnt a new trick, these are my results and I can't guarantee it will work for everyone but I can't argue with the results

Take care!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How long did it take to cycle? Was any "wet" previously used equipment included in this build? is the 3 year old well aware that toys and people food do not belong in fish tanks?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had a great experience with using Quick Start also. I had to set up an emergency quarantine tank and I took some of the decor out of an established tank but other than that it was all new water. I used quick start and it worked like a charm, my sick Rainbowfish is starting to recover quite well! I put some in every time I add fish to an established tank too and I've had no problems.

Api quick start definitely worked in speeding up my last cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Good to know! Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom