apisto question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boomer2244

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you put a male apisto with a female aposto(of different spacies) and if so is there a chance that they will mate?

Apistos can hybridize, I believe. From the research I've done, it's thought that the "steel blue" apisto is actually a hybrid.

How about putting 2 apistos with 3-5 female betas I have 20 plants(real and fake) an 7 dif hiding spots would they work together?

I wouldn't, but then again I would keep the female bettas together either. IME the bettas seem fine at first but it ends in disaster eventually. Mine wouldn't leave each other alone in a 45 gallon heavily planted tank.

I ask cause I now have 3 females in my 55g tropical community and was wondering if they would work together cause the 3 I have don't bother any1 in my tank except my danios

They don't even bother my 3 blue ram( that's are gonna be moved into a dif tank wen it's done cycling)

If you actually have 3 female bettas that are not flaring and hiding/chasing throughout the day, and they have already been together for quite some time, I wouldn't mess with that by adding more bettas. There's a very small chance you'd end up with more that would fit in so nicely..as it's already quite lucky if you have the three doing well long term. Even if they are doing well, it's still likely it will end in disaster. IMO female bettas can surivive together but I'm not convinced they can thrive. I split up my sorority of females after several months after coming to this conclusion.

That being said, if they do well with your rams I would speculate they will be fine with the apistos.

Thanks alot my female betas have been in my 55 community for about 7 1/2 months now with no probs so I guess I lucked out

Back
Top Bottom