Aqua clear filter media.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys so I have an AC 30 on my 25g. My current filter media is two sponges and a ceramic bio bag. I still see particles floating around in my tank even when settled? Is there some sort of water polisher media I can put in an AC?

Activated carbon will do the trick but do some research on when to replace or clean and also what it can do when you add medicine and different things to your aquarium.
Also, you can purchase fine filter pads that are used for other filters and cut em down to fit you filter size. i.e. Hagen's FX5 fine filter media pad.

I think a sheet of very loose filter batting (without any chemicals like mold resistance chems) instead on the second sponge will do the trick. Carbon in not needed unless removing meds.

I would say pass on the carbon and get a bag of polyfil or some filter floss. I use that in between the sponge and the and the biomax. This will really polish the water. Also, polyfil is dirt cheap.

Rhino said:
I would say pass on the carbon and get a bag of polyfil or some filter floss. I use that in between the sponge and the and the biomax. This will really polish the water. Also, polyfil is dirt cheap.

I've got some of that! Like a bag from a Craft store??

Okay it says that it meets the flammable requirements of California but it says nothing about mold resistant or flame retardant?

pleechford said:
Okay it says that it meets the flammable requirements of California but it says nothing about mold resistant or flame retardant?

Hmmm I wouldn't risk it personally. You can get a big bag at petco or petsmart for like $2.50

If it were me I would use some filter floss... It works best for removing small particles. Put it after the sponge but before the bio media.

maxwellag said:
If it were me I would use some filter floss... It works best for removing small particles. Put it after the sponge but before the bio media.

Where do I find filter floss?

Back
Top Bottom