AquaC Skimmers - Remora or Urchin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MadManMac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I do not have room on the back of my tank for the remora, so I wanted to know if the Urchin skimmer was the same except for in sump placement. My current skimmer really bites and I am always adjusting it, so I thought this might be a good time to look into a new one. TIA

That is what I thought it was. Urchin = sump, remora=HOB.

You don't see the Urchin as much though.

Same exact thing only for in sump use. YOu will really like this skimmer if you get it!

I would really try to get something that would work in your sump as oppossed to HOB. Seems to clean up the back of your tank.

I am new to the boards so please excuse me if this is a repeated question.

Anyways, I am looking to purchase a skimmer and would like a recommendation. I was debating to look on Ebay for a used one but should I just purchase a new one? Also I don't understand the differences between a HOB and a Sump?

My tank is a 75g reef tank with some reef fish. I am using a trickle down filter or wet/dry filter system under the tank. I have some room behind the tank and some room under the tank in the cabinet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom