AquaKai's 2.5g Planted Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm headover heels in love with Pride and Prejudice, I can quote the entire movie and the book. Plus I annoy my friends with little 18th century things that I do:)

All I can say is.. That is not Lord of the Rings! :popcorn:

Yeah were you thinking of a ceramic one? Or one where the bubble slowly works its way up a maze?

Good idea with the planted bowl.

Nice!! I'm loving the pearling action! Lol I'm having a problem finding a diffuser for my DIY CO2 so let us know what you end up getting!:)

A ceramic one. I don't think that I am going to be needing too much CO2. I really need to stop with the tank thing soon! The bowl sitting beside me is begging to be planted tonight, but I still have to write about Sacco and Vanzetti and talk about english crap that I hate:(

Let's see what'll win out;)

Haha! You see this is why you become a Scuba diving instructor.. You get to swim with pretty fishies and see them at home =D No boring English =)

:p I'm land locked:( But I do go wading in the rivers around me and collect plant and animals/fish for a while. That's fun:) Sacco and Vanzetti really shouldn't have been bad criminals because they're not making me happy!

I hope they do have some sort of fun moss, I'd like it to be one of the plants in my 40g tank! ^^

Ok, so I need to add CO2 soon! It's a algae-y currently in the tank! The plants have really grown, but my betta knocked out some of the HC which I need to replant! Here's a picture of how it looks today:
img_1857671_0_1762d96d28ecd1009fb87c720b765ee8.jpg

Basefrog said:
Looking goooooood ;) Is that duckweed on the top?

Thanks! It just came off a 1.5 day black put because I was gone and I'm shocked that the plants GREW! The Ludwigia has grown at least an inch from Friday and has done another inch or inch and a half since I've gotten it! Thats dwarf water lettuce on the top, I want to get the weed soon! People curse it but I love floating plants!

I just hooked up the CO2:). Hopefully I will be able to tell the difference soon!

Austin.b said:
Awesome!! How did you diffuse it?:)

Thanks! I am currently using a limewood diffuser I got from petco in the saltwater section. I'm hoping to get a ceramic one the next time I go to my "big" fish store:)

Ceramic seem good =) Though i'm not sure if DIY set ups have enough pressure to make them work =o They should do.

Basefrog said:
Ceramic seem good =) Though i'm not sure if DIY set ups have enough pressure to make them work =o They should do.

I had this problem, I've learned that DIY CO2 dosent have enough pressure to diffuse through a ceramic diffuser. Maybe yours will work though

Well if it doesn't work, then I'm back to the drawing board! Hopefully it'll work though:)

i hope so! that's what i had planned to do.

can anyone confirm this? and maybe what their recipe consisted of? 2 litre bottle etc?

themox said:
i hope so! that's what i had planned to do.

can anyone confirm this? and maybe what their recipe consisted of? 2 litre bottle etc?

I've always read that it'll work. I'm probably going to have to revamp my co2 because I only have a 24oz bottle (that was all I had) with 3/4 cups of brown sugar, a pinch of baking soda, a pinch of yeast and Luke warm water to fill it up. Not the best recipie, but hey it's working:)

Back
Top Bottom