Aquarium change fast.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linton23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 20 gallon tank with a slow leak its a old tank. The tank setup is 5 years old but the bio wheel filter and heater are new. My worry is that I dont have the room and time to cycle the new tank for my fish. Can I take the rock and plants out of my old tank along with most of the water to speed up the process if not what can I do.

I have a 20 gallon tank with a slow leak its a old tank. The tank setup is 5 years old but the bio wheel filter and heater are new. My worry is that I dont have the room and time to cycle the new tank for my fish. Can I take the rock and plants out of my old tank along with most of the water to speed up the process if not what can I do.

Yes, move as much as you can to the new tank, especially the filter with the same filter media in it. The used everything(especially the filter) will help. Definitely watch the water params after but it should be okay.

the water is meaningless... keep enough tank water to keep the filter media and substrate wet during the swap...... after that dump the rest and move everything to a new tank... refill with tap... dose some Prime. done. no cycle. no hassle. i have moved my 90 gal planted tank 5 times in 10 years this way sometimes cross states. you will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom