Aquarium controllers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rpbustillo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
M upgrading soon to a 75g aquarium and I'm looking for a decent cheap controller. I'm looking to control on/off of my lights, monitor ph and temp with the ability to upgrade to other probes maybe. Need something fairly basic I don't need wifi access or anything like that. Does anybody have any good suggestions?

I use a digital aquatics reef keeper elite. Not the net model. :) I went with the elite model cause of the small increase in price AND you can add up to 155 modules if needed. The lite model allows only 4 or 5 I believe and if you added an extra power bar you'd be at the limit so if you decided to add another module later you'd be out of luck.

I also researched the apex's but the cost comparison was in favor of the reefkeeper and I couldnt spare the extra $150 or so as I needed 12 outlets and the apex only came with 8.

I am actually waiting for the return of my 3 reefkeeper power bars, I had some water damage and the company actually replaced the bars for free, I am right at the warranty cut off too, as I have had it for 2 years. So the warranty service is very good. The customer service as far as asking questions about setup is barely there but if you read the forum for the setup instructions its very easy. I use a netbook hooked up to the head unit to program and its actually quite easy once you get going. :)

Hope that helps.

I use a digital aquatics reef keeper elite. Not the net model. :) I went with the elite model cause of the small increase in price AND you can add up to 155 modules if needed. The lite model allows only 4 or 5 I believe and if you added an extra power bar you'd be at the limit so if you decided to add another module later you'd be out of luck. I also researched the apex's but the cost comparison was in favor of the reefkeeper and I couldnt spare the extra $150 or so as I needed 12 outlets and the apex only came with 8. I am actually waiting for the return of my 3 reefkeeper power bars, I had some water damage and the company actually replaced the bars for free, I am right at the warranty cut off too, as I have had it for 2 years. So the warranty service is very good. The customer service as far as asking questions about setup is barely there but if you read the forum for the setup instructions its very easy. I use a netbook hooked up to the head unit to program and its actually quite easy once you get going. :) Hope that helps.

Thanks I'll look into it. A buddy of mine runs the apex elite, he uses radions and I think has the ability to control them through the apex. So he loves it, but I'm trying to find something a little lighter on the wallet. Thank you for your reply. :)

Back
Top Bottom