Aquarium Decor???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polaris_Rider

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to get some ideas or advice on the decor in my aqaurium i think i have to many fake plants in there what do you think? My first idea was to get rid of most of the plants and get some rocks or some statues like a sunken ship or something but there freakin exspensive! any ideas on what i could do to make my tank look a little better? :D :D

Also if you have any pics please post them so i can get some good ideas for what i could do to my tank. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 55_gal_110.jpg
    55_gal_110.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 95
I'm a fan of natural tanks. I prefer rocks and caves vs. statues and sunken ships. But it is all personal preference. I would keep the plants, bunch them up, and add several rock structures. Also maybe add several pieces of driftwood to the tank.

Tank looks fine to me. It's really a personal preference thing. Some people like the natural look and others prefer scuba divers and sunken ships.

I would try to get one higher element in there (like driftwood) and place it off center a bit. If you can afford two I would place the high one and then place the second one lying down from the tall one kiddy-cornered towards the front of the tank. Then group your plants, as mentioned above.

Also, if you can work a bit at hiding some of the mechanics, I think you would notice a big difference.

All in all, it looks like a great tank to me!

sloping the gravel or substrate is always a nice effect too, and your fish will appriciate additional hiding spaces. A few dips and hills will give the natural look for a lake/river floor.

I see u don't bunch ur plants... thats un-natural in the first place...
I'm a fan of natural tanks ( thats just me ) GO with drift wood... its a fav to algea eaters and farawellas. Uhhhhmmmm... trhis is a pic of a tank desighn
HOPE U LIKE IT

Attachments

• tank_146.jpg
    tank_146.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 170
Fishyfanatic said:
I'm a fan of natural tanks. I prefer rocks and caves vs. statues and sunken ships.

I too like my tanks to be as close to the natural enviroment as possible, im also not a fan of garish fake plants or decor, but like fishyfanatic said its personal preference.

I love natural rocks and wood in my tanks.

For the rocks/slate in my tanks I visit a few quarrys in Wales and picked up a few chioce peices from the debris on the ground.
Yet you can find lovely large rocks anywhere really, even visiting your local garden center and find some exuiste peices.

Also I am a big fan of mopani wood, the colours are fantastic and from Aquarium shops it is not overly expensive, the colour of the wood is beautiful.
Yet on a budget a visit to a secluded beach can usually end up ina priceless find of some driftwood.
A hint with wood, try to find a peice that is arched or slightly curved, places for your bottom dweeling fish to hide away.

Living plants are a great investment too!
I have bought many small bunches of different types of plants and have had much success with them.
I have even managed to plant, not only all my aquariums with the plants but a friend of mines as well.
The most prolific growers for me are Java Fern, Java Moss and Amazon Sword Plants.

You will find that the more natural the aquarium is, the more appealing it is to the eye.[/b]

Back
Top Bottom