aquarium heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankfiend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20 gallon potential mollie tank and I was wondering what kind of heater you guys would recommend. Online is ok, but i would prefer if it was availible in missouri at a store or something.

visi therm hearers are the only ones i use. they are great with life time warranty.

I agree, visi therm is the way to go. I got one for my 30g long and I love it. I am going to get one for my 30g tall when I set it up. The folks on here convinced me, and they were right! They are the best, hands down.

Thanks guys, and they are not expensive either. When I saw "they are the best hands down", I thought they would be a little pricey. But i was wrong.

just a note on the visi-therms... the stealth pro is the best one to get. they are shatterproof. theyre only $3 more than the regular visitherm and have a green led to let you know the temp is at or above the set temp, and a red led when its heating... i love mine, and plan on getting one for all my tanks. mine keeps my tank at the same temp all day every day. couldnt be happier ;) but if you dont wanna spend the extra $3, the regular visi-therm is still a great heater

I like the submersible heaters rather than hang on the side heaters. For a 20 gallon tank a 75 watt heater should be sufficient for about 10-15 bucks. You don't need anything fancy.

The heater that I had went psycho, it didnt start heating untill 70 and then sometimes wouldnt shut off untill 90. I had to get a heater quickly because my fish were comming soon. I just went to walmart (before i started this thread) and bought a cheep submersible Tetra heater. It was supposed to keep the temp between 76 and 80, and it didnt even raise the temp past 75-76. I complained to tetra and they sent me an additional heater. I personally like the heaters you can set yourself, but these tetra heaters dont let the water temp vary more than a degree, so if thats the temp you want then they work great. Like I said when i buy another heater it will be a visi-therm stealth pro.

Yes! My Tetra heater did the same and I called the company as well. They are supposed to send me another but i didn't want to risk it so i had to buy me another heater!!! :(

Elite, the cheapest one at the pet store near me. I have two, holds my tanks at +/- .5 degree. 55gal tank was 14.99, and the 20gal was 9.99.

Back
Top Bottom