Aquarium Housing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattyblueice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Morning I recently adopted five cory pandas and a Golden Mystery snail to my current tank and I am concerned that I have too much in the tank. I have a 9 Gallon Fluval Flex aquarium with an additional sponge filter:

Amazon.com : UPETTOOLS Aquarium Biochemical Sponge Filter, Ultra Quiet Aquarium Air Pump Bio Sponge Fish Tank Foam Filter Comes with 4/2 Spare Sponges 4/2 Bag of Bio Ceramic Media Balls : Pet Supplies

In my tank I now have:

• 7 Cory Pandas
  • 1 golden snail
  • 2 Rabbit snails
  • 2 Racer snails
  • 3 Ramshorn snails

Is the aquarium ok with the additional filter or should I upgrade and if so to what size?

Thanks for the help!
Matt

I would say purely from a bioload PoV you are fine. It will support the bioload.

My concern would be is, does a 9g flex tank have enough floor area to support a small group of panda corys. Probably. Just.

A 20g tank will give more floor space and open up options to keep some fish that occupy the mid to high levels of the aquarium also.

Thanks for the feedback, I have been looking at different aquariums and most larger ones (from 10g-20g) give about 4 inches length wise and minimal additional space width. However the Waterbox aquariums I have found, although pricey give adequate space both length and in width. Thanks for the feedback, just trying to be a good fish dad :)

Back
Top Bottom