Aquarium Rack Ideas --- stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tex777

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone,

I have this aquarium rack that I just built ( I'm not much of a craftsman so it ain't anything fancy) and it holds 9 ten gallon tanks. Now comes the part where I need your help, what do I put in the tanks???

I would prefer options that could live in the tank their whole lives:)

Thanks

I'm not good at that either , so that's why I am asking. But sure! Gouramis can be in 1 or 2 tanks

Hmm.. Haven't heard that before, but thanks any way!

The only gourami that belong in a 10G are chocolate, sparkling, and licorice, maybe croakers. There are lots of possibilities for small tanks. Inverts, nano fish, small fish species only....

You shouldn't expect a super fancy rack , I made it, which says nothin good.

I found these wood pieces which were extremely strong and then, why not build an aquarium rack!! It took me two weeks and didn't buy anything, it looks pretty plain, but as soon as it has all the tanks full of fish, I'm hopin it won't look that bad... Idk why but it looks a bit weird cause i made it so it would look a bit like stairs ( you'll get what I'm saying when I post pics) . The top level is really close to the wall then the middle one is farther away from the wall and the last level in even farther away from the wall.

I'd do inverts;)

each in its own tank making it easier to sell;)

RCS
CRS
yellow shrimp
green babaulti shrimp
blue pearl shrimp
snowball shrimp
CBS
tiger shrimp

then the gouramis;) maybe dario darios? a trio would work nicely;)

That sounds pretty awesome !
Here are some of my favorite ten gallon fish: dwarf gouramis, dwarf puffers, white clouds, bettas, harlequin rasboras, axelrod rasboras, chili rasboras, bumblebee gobies, pencilfish, badis, other micro fishes
I would also definitely have a shrimp tank with some brightly colored shrimp like blueberries and an african dwarf frog tank. Lots of possibilities! Are you planning on planting them?

HN1 said:
The only gourami that belong in a 10G are chocolate, sparkling, and licorice, maybe croakers. There are lots of possibilities for small tanks. Inverts, nano fish, small fish species only....

Ya most ramis get kinda big I thought. Tetras. Are def a way to go. I too struggle w small tanks. Every time I try one I.end up having to move.to larger tanks.

image-1892600681.jpg

Here it is with some decoration, now I'll wait till it all cycles. Every tank has water except the top 2 corners:)

Attachments

• image-1586606255.jpg
    image-1586606255.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 79
The second pic explains that stair thing I was talking about...

Back
Top Bottom