Aquarium Rack Ideas --- stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tex777 said:
Wow, I really should listen to u guys more often. I tried what Mumma.of.two suggested and I already have two tanks cycled!! I bought some nice looking balloon mollies and a baby Senegal Bichir. Which will then be moved into a 29 gallon once 3-4 inches

How did you cycle them? Please don't tell me you used bottled bacteria?

KonvictKeeper said:
What do you plan on doing with it when its too big for the 29g?

Well I have an empty 55 gallon , should I put it in there instead of the 29? Cause I was planning to have it in the 29 then put it in the 55.

KonvictKeeper said:
I'd just skip the 29g. It will end up being more stress on the fish if you move him a bunch of times.

Ok thanks for saving him or her some stress!

Wow, I really should listen to u guys more often. I tried what Mumma.of.two suggested and I already have two tanks cycled!! I bought some nice looking balloon mollies and a baby Senegal Bichir. Which will then be moved into a 29 gallon once 3-4 inches
Hopefully you plan on moving the mollies out as well. Balloon mollies are smaller than the normal ones, but still have too large of a bio-load for a 10 gal.

FYI balloon mollies are selectively bred to be deformed with a curved spine which causes them swimming and health issues and ulimately a shortened lifespan.

siva said:
Hopefully you plan on moving the mollies out as well. Balloon mollies are smaller than the normal ones, but still have too large of a bio-load for a 10 gal.

FYI balloon mollies are selectively bred to be deformed with a curved spine which causes them swimming and health issues and ulimately a shortened lifespan.

I am a fan of the balloons look though. Hope it really isn't a danger...

Well it's a danger to the fish, anyway. Some of us feel it's just plain unethical so it's info I do like to pass on.

siva said:
Well it's a danger to the fish, anyway. Some of us feel it's just plain unethical so it's info I do like to pass on.

Never heard that b4 I have one. He is a good looking fish. Seems healthy enough. I don't do any breeding, well on purpose. Lol. I had Nvr heard it was a risk...

I'm not trying to say it's a risk really, I'm just saying they are deformed. We each have to decide for ourselves if we want to purchase/keep them. I personally avoid all dyed, tattooed, and deformed fish.

siva said:
I'm not trying to say it's a risk really, I'm just saying they are deformed. We each have to decide for ourselves if we want to purchase/keep them. I personally avoid all dyed, tattooed, and deformed fish.

I do too. Like the glo danios. It's so unnatural.... I always thought the balloon was a product of selective breeding which is far more natural that dying or splicing.

siva said:

This is very good to know. Thank you siva!

Glo Fish are not dyed. They are genetically modified. In that case, the fish are not harmed in any way. :)

siva said:
Glo Fish are not dyed. They are genetically modified. In that case, the fish are not harmed in any way. :)

They mix them w a jelly fish don't they? I see those things as more wrong than selective breeding. Takes away from the natural processes that can be used to generate natural results.

joejeff said:
They mix them w a jelly fish don't they? I see those things as more wrong than selective breeding. Takes away from the natural processes that can be used to generate natural results.

A skirt danio is Wat too beautiful to feel the need to add weird DNA and make unnatural colors to make them more interesting.... Sry to who started this thread I have gotten off topic.

joejeff said:
A skirt danio is Wat too beautiful to feel the need to add weird DNA and make unnatural colors to make them more interesting.... Sry to who started this thread I have gotten off topic.

Don't worry, this is keeping me entertained:)

Now the starter of the thread ( me ) I going to go even more off topic:

Do any of you know much about bumblebee catfish? I u do, could you identify this one as SA or Asian?

image-3251350153.jpg

image-1652679450.jpg

image-799063594.jpg

Back
Top Bottom