Aquarium Rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rhodricartref

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I am planning on setting up a new 60 ltr planted aquarium. I will have eleocharis parvula dwarf hairgrass and some other plants in there. I want to use some coral rock. I have some coral rock outside. It has been there for 4-5 years now and has recently gone into the garge. I am wondering is it safe to use the coral rock my my 60 ltr planted aquarium?

Thank you,

R W Thomas

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It is, but it will likely raise your ph. You will just have to plan your stocking accordingly.

The fish you choose. Soft water fish such as tetras won't be good for higher ph levels while other fish such as African cichlids do better in higher ph

What are thesefish called and will they be ok in the tank with coral?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417471474.475335.jpg

Will they be ok in this type of tank? And the tank is a 60 ltr

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The recommended tank size for this fish is more around 120 liters and likes a couple of bunches of dense plants and some open swimming space hence the need for a larger tank im not saying it can't be don't but it will be more happy in a larger tank

Ok. Any other colour full fish that i could put in a 60 ltr planted and coral rock?

What I suggest for fish is mollies, barbs, or gourami. But if you get some peat moss and put it in the filter it will lower the Ph which allows you a larger selection of fish

Ok. I would rether the rams. I think for the sake of the coral i will just use aquarium rock. What type of rock would be realy nice in with dwarf hairgrass?

Those are German blue rams, not bolivians

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Ok. They look the same but i think they are german rams. Thanks

Ok. I would rether the rams. I think for the sake of the coral i will just use aquarium rock. What type of rock would be realy nice in with dwarf hairgrass?

My favorite type of rock is lace rock. It works really well for stacking and looks neat.

Back
Top Bottom