Aquarium Stocking for 20 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaffooJ

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello! Just recently my dwarf gourami died randomly :( But Im looking on the brighter side of things, and am wondering what type(s) of fish I should get. Right now I have 10 neon tetras, 8 harlequin rasboras, 4 julii corys, and a mystery snail. The dimensions of the tank are 24.5 inches long, 15.5 inches deep, and 12 inches wide. I have 2 20g filters in it and its got quite a few plants. What kind of fish do you guys think would fit in with the tank nicely? Should I just leave it as it sits now? :thanks: :fish2:

Sorry to hear about your gourami.

Given what you already have, it sounds like something mid/bottom dwelling that likes soft water and acidic conditions would work best. Maybe a Bolivian Ram or a small shoal (5) of Glowlight Tetras?

I personally wouldn't do another school since there are already 2. I would just find a little centerpiece fish like the Bolivian ram that PNW suggested. I don't know what sorts of options you have around you, but I also really like the honey gourami or the paradise gourami. I would also do a little clump of otos since you have an established, planted tank. Something else to look at would be rainbow fish. Look at smaller ones like the praecox, furcata, or celebes. There a few other cool little cichlids out there too like apistos, but they will likely be a bit harder to find depending on your locale. Even a swordtail or two would make a fun centerpiece though.

Thanks for the replys! I will check my lfs and see what they have. The bolivian ram is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom