Aquarium stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeorgeFrancis222

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

due to the amount and quality of help I have previously received, I knew exactly where to ask this question.

I have a 180L (47G) aquarium containing the following, my question is if I would be ok to add a school of 10-15 silver tip tetras.

6 Black Mollies
6 Guppies
7 Sterba Corydora
8 Neon Tetras
10 Amano Shrimp
2 Oto Catfish
3 Platies
3 Apple Snails

Many thanks,

GF:fish1::fish1:

ok, thanks :) So I would be overstocked, but my current state (or + centrepiece) is fine?

Ok sounds good, I'm glad I came here as my local breeder says it would be fine, and on various other sites they said it would be ok.

Well mine (including silver tips) would be about the same around 120%, my filtration is an Eheim Powerball for up to 200L I think along with the built in filter in my Jewel all-in-one tank :) What do you think? I want the best for my fish but I have some Tetras (in another tank) I have been aquarium-ing for around 2-3 years and have not had many problems before, and my tanks have always been well stocked (over stocked in one case for a small time)

I will not act until I know what's best

I'm not sure if I made myself clear, I have TWO 180L tanks, 1 contains silver tips and the other contains the fish mentioned above.

Well mine (including silver tips) would be about the same around 120%, my filtration is an Eheim Powerball for up to 200L I think along with the built in filter in my Jewel all-in-one tank :) What do you think? I want the best for my fish but I have some Tetras (in another tank) I have been aquarium-ing for around 2-3 years and have not had many problems before, and my tanks have always been well stocked (over stocked in one case for a small time)

I will not act until I know what's best

It will all come down to your dedication... if you stay on top of filter maintenance and PWCs you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom