Aquascape idea??!? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheeesymelon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I've had a 25 gal tank for about a month with a Betta, 6 guppies and 6 neon tetras! They seemed to be doing fine but I wanted to add plant substrate for my bacopa, so I've taken all the water out and put some amazona plant substrate in! It was a lot of money and ive kind of come to the end my fish tank budget now! While the water is not in, I want to aqua Scape to that tank if you know what I mean! I don't have anything in my tank apart from plants and a sponge Bob house for the betta! I really don't like the look of the house and I think the tanks really plain at the moment so I came to Aquarium advice to get some help on a cheap aquascape!
Thanks

:welcome:

You could scrape or shift some of the soil toward the back to create a bit of a slop. Buy a small piece of driftwood and a rock or two and a couple of easy to keep plants such as anubias and java fern, and then play around with the arrangement. I think you'll be surprised with what you come up with. :)

Ok thanks, I was just wondering why you put soul to the back to make slope? I've seen it around but never understood why?
Thanmd

It's a cheap trick to make your tank look deeper when viewed from the front. Cheap; as in it doesn't cost any more! Fancier folk may call it an 'optical illusion'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom