aquascaping- temperatures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What ARE you keeping in the tank? Live plants? If you dont have any life in the tank I would say you could keep it at whatever temp you like. In fact, save money and space and dont use a heater at all. For plants, there are some that are pickier than others, but any temperature thats good for fish is usually sufficient. 76 to 78 degrees would make for a fine tropical planted tank.

You should have a look at what temps your plants like to be kept at, but it will likely be in the same range as fish. Somewhere in the 75- 80 Kelvin range I believe.
Good luck! Show us some pics when you're done :)

*edit: Darn, you beat me to the answer yoursonlysin :wink:

cool guys thanks, I am going to keep it about 75-78...its at 70 now and I have just begun putting in the new substrate yesterday and today is the plant day...I ordered everything from aquabid and got some beautiful specimens.

arhhh!! I wish it isn't so hot here!! daytime, tank water temp around 78-82 fahrenheit.. nitetime is around 75-77.... :cry:

If you dont want the temperature swings, then use a heater and set it for atound the highest temps your tank will see during the day. I dont know about you, but I would die if it got 82 degrees inside my house on a daily basis. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom