Aquascaping tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any aquascaping tips? Please no mention of live plants as I don't want live plants.IMG_5717.jpg

Since ya said no plants....im at a loss lol. Its super colorful. You got it pretty full. What are you looking for ?

Since ya said no plants....im at a loss lol. Its super colorful. You got it pretty full. What are you looking for ?

Different look, different position of plants and decor.

Rocks and driftwood.
UGZFEa1.jpg
I find these just as attractive and interesting as a Planted tank.

Yep....those are cool. I pick the middle far right one.

To op , In my opinion there is too much color for my taste . I personally like a big center piece IE drift wood , rock , ceramic whatever . then put my big fake plants to the ends and smaller fake plants for fillers and towards the front of the tank for depth . big in back smaller in middle and smallest in front giving the illusion of depth . choose a background that is a stark opposite of decorations so décor pops . just my 2 cents and I am far from a pro

My opinion? Change background to something basic, like plain black or mellow rock background such as this

http://www.thatpetplace.com/double-sided-aquarium-background-24-in-high

Ditch the pink/purple plants, clump similar plants together, tall ones in the back or back corners, shorter ones towards the front. Maybe take out the dayglow pieces of gravel, you could keep the basic black. Tuck the castle just into the front of a clump of planrs, treasure chest hidden opposite side from castle. Maybe get some nice driftwood, or a few rocks to make a structure. They also sell chunks of (I think they call it slag) glass that looks nest too.

Right now there is so much focus on the decor, colorwise, you wouldn't even notice there are fish in there :/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom