Aragonite question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found some stuff that looks really close to aragonite Caribsea sand at a Petsmart of all places....has anyone used this? I found it odd that they would have it...I also looked on their website and didnt see anything that is close to what I saw in the store.
Thanks

Im going at lunch to get as much info off of the bag as I can. Will follow up...

Ok I went to Petsmart and its a 15 LB bag for $19 and its CaribSea Aragonite. the size of the sand is .5 to 1 MM. Does this help?

I don't understand the question....are you asking if the Caribsea aragonite sand is close enough to aragonite sand to use? :roll: It IS aragonite sand after all....what exactly is the question? Caribsea is just the brand name.

Yeah Bearfan asked what brand it was. I was answering.
And yes Im asking if I can use this....but I think Im going to pass on this and just go with LS as I can get a 20 LB for $25 at a LFS....I HATE the thought of paying this much for sand!! I wish I could find just regular sand I can use in the tank and then seed it with 1 bag of LS and then buy a load of LR....ARG!

The caribbean playsand is a good dry option if you want to seed it with LS. I don't you can find the Old Castle or Southdown in Texas though. I have heard of people that had success using the silica playsand, its okay to use, not just ideal.

I wonder what would happen if I used 2-3 bags of LS, then just used silica sand from like Home Depot....would this lessen the blow of it not being ideal?

Back
Top Bottom