Argentea diet advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for some Ideas on supplementing his diet. He's eating NLS thera A with garlic with out any problem. I have tried blood worms, brine shrimp and krill but he wants nothing to do with it. He mouths it and spits it when I try it then looks for the pellets. My research is giving mixed results with half saying Herbivore and the others saying Omnivore. Thanks for any suggestions.

Try a whole leaf of romaine or red leaf lettuce, can't hurt. I supplement my uaru with this, and if he truly is herbivorous it will benefit

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My Herbs get NLS Algaemax daily along with the normal Thera, I mix them into a old NLS container. I also give them Spirulina 20 every few days but just cause it's a frickin' mess.

Try a whole leaf of romaine or red leaf lettuce, can't hurt. I supplement my uaru with this, and if he truly is herbivorous it will benefit

My Herbs get NLS Algaemax daily along with the normal Thera, I mix them into a old NLS container. I also give them Spirulina 20 every few days but just cause it's a frickin' mess.

Thanks! Ill give the lettuce a try and order up some Algaemax.
Any fruits or veggies you might suggest?

Peas usually will work (deshelled) and blanched zucchini. I've not tried either of these, just suggestions I've seen previously for different fish, so take it for what it's worth

When I had my pair of oscars they'd eat grapes, orange slices, and kiwis. I never could find any vegetables they would eat. I've also used night crawlers from the bait shops as most fish will shred theses but my oscars were deathly afraid of them which was pretty hysterical to watch them freak out over a worm!

my oscars were deathly afraid of them which was pretty hysterical to watch them freak out over a worm!

The hybrid is also afraid of a whole nite crawler. Very funny. If I cut it in to pieces he eats it. Full worm he runs away.

I use to catch night crawlers in the backyard and feed them to my Oscars. Mine loved them! sometimes the worms would try and crawl out through the fishes operculum. The other Oscar would take notice, and needless to say, foil it's escape.
Wish I'd known to also try the fruit medley too.

Back
Top Bottom