August 6th~Express your Appreciation with Kudos Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
By now, you have come to realize that kudos are not worth cash and they will not bring world peace. However, you can show your appreciation to another member on the board with kudos. Maybe that person helped you directly with a problem, or offered advice to someone else and you used that advice. Perhaps, you really like someone’s avatar, or they literally made you laugh out loud once or twice. Possibly you didn’t realize what the heck kudos were used for when you first signed up and now you have numerous kudos. It’s time to show your appreciation to the first person that gave you some great advice, or held your cyber-hand in a time of need. You can give kudos for any number of reasons such as expressing gratitude that a newbie came here and asked questions or admitted to knowing about QT tanks; encouraging others when things aren't going well (when they are doing everything correctly :(); thanking someone for starting an enjoyable or amusing thread; giving recognition for an outstanding photo that you saw in the gallery... Kudos can be given for lots of reasons :D

Giving kudos are easy, just click on the donate link under your avatar where it says how many posts and kudos you have. Make sure to spell the member’s handle correctly (cut and paste works best for me). The first time I gave kudos, I misspelled the member’s handle and my kudos went to cyber space 8O It doesn’t matter if you give one kudo or hundreds of kudos, the idea here is simply to show appreciation. The recipient does not need to know why kudos where given, but they will know who gave them. If the kudos are for a current thread, just say “Kudos to you!” at the end of your message.

You can also use this thread to express your appreciation to the person to whom you donated kudos.

Even though it’s not the official “Express your Appreciation with Kudos Day,” I will tell you why I gave kudos today. Kudos were given to Sara for offering to lend a hand to another member and to lyquidphyre for literally making me laugh out loud.

Awww I was gunna give kudos to you Menagerie for helping with my goldie that one time and being so super cool =o) and thats even before I read you were giving me kudos

I gave kudos to Jeffw85 for his great loss as well as some for him to pass along to his LFS owner who really went above and beyond.

I am giving Kudos to the following:

Lando, for helping whenever he can.
Steve-s for always helping the newbies like me.
Atari for coming up with some good answers to some problems I have seen people post
LMW80 for getting me really into this fish profile thing. I really like it.

Reefrunner69 and Fishfreak...for all the hard work they must have to put into this site.

Kudos to you folks.And thanks for everything.

I gave a couple of kudos to everyone who has posted (up to this moment) a response to the "terror alert" topic. Everyone was wonderful in how they all were able to talk about issues/ideas that could potentially be very emotional and controversial, and I believe everyone deserved some kudos for not makeing any personal attacks. It turned out to be a terrific discussion with lots of good information/veiwpoints. Hopefully I didn't accidentally skip over anyone, so sorry if I did!

Agreed rubysoho (what's that name mean anyway?). Most of the people on this board are exceptional. The credit must really go to Fishfreek and Reef Runner.

There are so many people here who deserve kudos, so I'll make it my mission to give all of mine away. Everyone has something to offer, even the newbiest of newbies!

I too have to agree that Fishfreek and Reefrunner69 have something very special going here - and hat's off to them for making all of this possible :D

i've been giving a bunch out since reading this....still more to go though...gave a bunch to quarryshark for not throwing in the towel after coming home to a tank full of ich shortly after a long QT period from his first bought with velvet (i think)

Thanks Clamknuckle. Actually, had the velvet cured months ago, started by my own ignorance. Live sand brought in the ich. My little buddies mean too much to me, couldn't throw in the towel.
Kudos to you for being a good guy, your support, also for the help you have given other as well as a few laughs now and then.
I'll leave out the political discussions. :wink: :lol:
Many more kudos to give out, but I will wait for the 6th..this will be fun!! :D

yup, Ruby Soho is a song by Rancid. And yes, (to get back to the original subject) Fishfreek and ReefRunner have a totally awesome thing going here. It has made my fish hobby ten times better to have people to come and talk about it with :D

Kudos to Menagerie and TankGirl. Without thier help, my scarlet badis would surely not have made it.

I won't be near the computer on Aug. 6, so I'm giving my kudos today... :) Kudos to: Christmasfish for helping me with my betta and gouramis, Millipede for hanging in there through all the house troubles, Menagerie for being so helpful all the time, Lmw80 for the nicest personality on this forum and for giving me advice on how to get my otos to eat cucumbers, and Fishfreek for all you do. As I think of others, I'll give more kudos....

I am so glad that this has caught on. I see many people have expressed appreciation for others last night and today. Tomorrow is the BIG day!! Think about who you will be thanking :D

Hmmm, should I be the first or last donate? Well I'm gonna make sure sure some have lots more kudos to give away. :wink: Great idea menagerie

Here Sparky, I just gave you 50. Let me know how they taste!! 8)
You deserve them, your a good guy who has helped many. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom