Australian rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got a school of beautiful australian rainbows for my 100 gallon tank that I got restarted a little while ago (it is cycled) and i am wondering how you tell the difference between male and female australian rainbows, thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Side note, I think one of them may be a female because it's slightly less colorful

Another side note, 2 of them seem to be battling a little bit, is that normal?

Okay, I'd they breed and lay eggs, and i do nothing will they just eat the fry?

Okay thanks for the help, I'm changing up the tank and plasti dipping the back and sides, once I'm done I'll take a picture and see if anyone can help identify the males and the females and if I should but more or not

Rainbow breeding isn't exactly easy. They require spawning mops and the fry are nearly microscopic, which means they require extremely small food, like green water/insuforia

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I have no intention of breeding them, I'm just curious what sex they are because I may try to breed them in n the future, it's just them in the tank by themselves and right now I have 4

Here's 2 pictures of the 4 of them, does anyone know if there are male or females? And should I get more?

Attachments

• 1407103470048.jpg
    1407103470048.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1407103484162.jpg
    1407103484162.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 50
I have an add on question and I don't feel like making a new thread. Will different types of rainbows school together?

Back
Top Bottom