Automated lighting upgrade sought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

octanejunkie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all

I have a few posts in other Freshwater forums here on AA but I am interested in upgrading my lighting.

I have an Aquarius AQ360-6g Gloview 6-Gallon (tall/round) Aquarium; it is about 24" tall and has a nice hood. The Glo light that comes with it is not very bright and is a tri-mode pushbutton, not compatible with a timer unless I modify the electronics/switch.

I do currently use an appliance timer to turn it off at night, but I need to turn it on manually in the morning and would like this automated for several reasons (travel most notably).

I was looking ata an upgrade that will fit inside the round domed hood of my tank, any experience with biOrb 12 Volt Intelligent Light?

So never mind... I saw the Bio Intelligent light today and it is too big to fit in our tank's lid (even with modification (read cutting the lid))

I think I will just alter the switch in our current light and use a timer. I'll save my $100 for the next setup :brows:

Back
Top Bottom