axolotls and apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not have time to read the thread but i am a experienced reptile/amphibian keeper and axolotls are 1 of my favorites. Axolotls will eat anything that can fit in there mouth. So the question is no and yes, if the snails are small enough more them likely they will be eaten. If they are too big too eat there is were your going to have a problem. Either the snail will be too big to eat but that dosent mean the axolotl wont try, there are horror stories of axoltls eating snails like apple snail that are too big that they cant swallow.

axolotl_snail.jpg

Here is a link to a nice website.
Caudata Culture Articles - Species Mixing Disasters

Well remember that axolotls need cool water. Also should this not be moved to the amphibian section?

It is no problem. These things happen and you did not technically put it in the wrong forum but the mods usually move them and i am suprised they havent. Any more questions?

It is no problem. These things happen and you did not technically put it in the wrong forum but the mods usually move them and i am suprised they havent. Any more questions?

Yes how long will it take for them to grow limbs back? one has had a nibble at the others leg upto the "knee"

Ya, they are known for biting of each others limbs and gills when they are young. They do it when they are older but not nearly as much or bad. My advice is to seperate them and let them grow there limbs back.

Back
Top Bottom