Baby bristlenose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Be had 4 baby calico bristlenose plecos in my tank for about two months now. It appears one of them finally feels comfortable enough to swim around in the open now. For a while, I thought they had all become food but wherever they were hiding seems to have worked. They are fun to watch as they have unique personalities. I can't wait for the bristles to come in!

Attachments

• image-3925196954.jpg
    image-3925196954.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 186
I will try but now that they are out and about they don't sit still. The biggest one is getting bristles. I will try my best to get some pics tomorrow

Love it! I know what you mean. When mine is out and doing his thing, forget about taking pictures and of he's not out and about he usually hides in his favorite rock or under a piece is slate I have. He loves it.

kelbaker79 said:
Thanks! I'm surprised he was actually out and held still as long as he did...lol

I hear that! Mine usually comes out at night and of he does come out during the day he's usually fast and sneaky lol.

Finally was able to get some new pics. The fourth one is still shy but I was lucky enough to get two in one shot.

Attachments

• image-3892606208.jpg
    image-3892606208.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 115
  • image-309097040.jpg
    image-309097040.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 103
  • image-4104721314.jpg
    image-4104721314.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 96
I have 4 bn that I bought from Toddnbecka. One was extremely tiny and I thought he because food also. But low and behold when I did a tank move 3 days ago, there he was. Now he's in hiding again. The other 3 are out and eating. I just love watching them. Wish I knew how to upload pix here. Keep adding pix. So many lovers of bn here love to see them.

Great pics of your bn's everyone, I weren't a fan of bn's before but then I picked up four babies as I was having some algae problems, within a day of them being in the tank no algae to be seen, anywhere! There so cool to watch to, I've got a video of one bn chasing the other (in a playful way) which is funny to watch ill try upload it when I get home.
I also wanna find out when there bristles start to show, I'd guess mine are at about 3-4 months old now and still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom