Baby guppies new home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hms1085

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Walmart had a tetra 1.8 gallon waterfall globe on sale for $19. I'm using it as a temporary housing for my 3, 1 month old guppy fry. They were running out of room in that breeder net. The waterfall flow is a bit rough for the fry so I put a cup on it to slow the flow down, now the guppies are all swimming to the top just fine. The tank is tiny but pretty neat!

Attachments

• image-2117808136.jpg
    image-2117808136.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2336850342.jpg
    image-2336850342.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 140
Walmart had a tetra 1.8 gallon waterfall globe on sale for $19. I'm using it as a temporary housing for my 3, 1 month old guppy fry. They were running out of room in that breeder net. The waterfall flow is a bit rough for the fry so I put a cup on it to slow the flow down, now the guppies are all swimming to the top just fine. The tank is tiny but pretty neat!
my guppy is about to have fry and i want to know if it is necesary to buy a nursery or breeder box.will the fry be fine if in the tank{it ahs a lot of hiding places}:fish2::fish2:

If you have hiding places then maybe but most likely you will only end up with a few that really survive the rest will for sure get eaten

I agree with what freshwaterashley said. Hiding places are good and help. I only had a 5 gallon set up that my adult guppies were in. The fry put my tank into overstock status and the babies weren't growing well. I had them in a breeder net for the first month then moved them to a tank of their own as seen above. They are much more active and eating well.

Best to separate the fry if you want to avoid them being eaten. It's also easier to feed them IMO. Good luck!

I heard about this way to make a nursery and it is pretty easy so I made it.All you do is poke a ton of holes in a clean container use some paper clips to hang it up and tada u have a nursery.im sure it won't be as good for the fry as an actual nursery but I think it'll work for the time being...........here's some pics

Attachments

• image-3789705131.jpg
    image-3789705131.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1896917121.jpg
    image-1896917121.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-4255714629.jpg
    image-4255714629.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 88
That will work just fine and it saves you lots of money :) congrats on the do it yourself.. it looks good!

Yeah those nursery cost almost 10 dollars by themselves i just went and bought one at a local store and it cost me 8.50. I still need to get a test kit as well.. do you know how much those cost?

Yeah those nursery cost almost 10 dollars by themselves i just went and bought one at a local store and it cost me 8.50. I still need to get a test kit as well.. do you know how much those cost?

Go on amazon they have them for really good prices almost 10$ less.most API master test kits cost around 30$ but on amazon you can get a NEW kit for 18$ I plan on buying one as soon as I can because it is almost essential for cycling if u don't want to have to make a ton of trips to the lfs to test your water.you can also buy strips but they are definitely not as reliable as API .

Cool nursery idea!

Thx i saw a YouTube video and decided to try it.i had to Improvise it a bit but it worked out fine.all you need to do is take a container a push pin and 2paper clips.poke a ton of holes in the container but near the top poke two holes about 3/4 inch apart.do it again near other end of side and then bend paperclips in half and put them through the holes at the top. Bend the ends of the paperclips and place it inside your tank so that it hangs on the side.thats all there is to it if you want to try it yourself and save some money!

Wow cool idea! I'll have to try that! How big is your container and what kind of container is ir?

Wow cool idea! I'll have to try that! How big is your container and what kind of container is ir?

Not too big you can see it if you look at the comments before.....search it up on YouTube as well and you'll be able to see it better

Thx i saw a YouTube video and decided to try it.i had to Improvise it a bit but it worked out fine.all you need to do is take a container a push pin and 2paper clips.poke a ton of holes in the container but near the top poke two holes about 3/4 inch apart.do it again near other end of side and then bend paperclips in half and put them through the holes at the top. Bend the ends of the paperclips and place it inside your tank so that it hangs on the side.thats all there is to it if you want to try it yourself and save some money!

Awesome! Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom