Baby snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aces11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just found a baby snail in my tank and I would really like to keep him! He's smaller than a piece of gravel so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to help keep him alive so I don't lose him in my tank somewhere. Any suggestions?

Same thing happend to me. Mine lived for awhile but I forgot about him and emptied my tank :( he will be just fine on his own as long as e doesn't get eaten

Pckerfreak44 said:
Same thing happend to me. Mine lived for awhile but I forgot about him and emptied my tank :( he will be just fine on his own as long as e doesn't get eaten

I'm afraid that he'll get stuck in the gravel because he's so tiny! I don't think any of my fish will eat him though. I just have platys, endlers, harlequins, and a BN pleco. The snail should be fine with those fish right?

I'm afraid that he'll get stuck in the gravel because he's so tiny! I don't think any of my fish will eat him though. I just have platys, endlers, harlequins, and a BN pleco. The snail should be fine with those fish right?
What type of snail is he? Some snails are asexual (Meaning there is only one gender, so one snail can breed even if there is no other snails in the tank), and the cute little snail you see can generate a serious snail population problem.

IME snails can take care of themselves, so as long as you don't give him to a pufferfish, you should be fine. Just let him grow.

If you don't know what type of snail he is, post a pic/pics so we can identify it for you.

Hope I helped!

Ok I found it again this morning so I think he'll be ok. I have no idea what kind of snail it is. I don't even know how it got in there- I haven't added plants in over a month. I'll try to get a picture later but I don't know how they'll turn out because he's so small.

phoenixkiller said:
Sounds good. I really hope it doesn't turn into a big problem...

Thanks. I hope it doesn't turn into a problem either.. So far it's just the one.

Back
Top Bottom