Back Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabbykat9698

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well after almost 2 years I have once again returned to the aquarium world. Basically my ex and I broke up and I let him take the tanks because I knew I would move a couple times. Now he is moving and doesnt want them anymore. I got my 20 gal back (planted with a dwarf puffer, 2 red eye tetras, 2 serpae tetras, a south american puffer, and 2 siamese algae eaters) The only fish I wanted were the dwarf puffers. My ex put the tetras in to cycle the tank and they surprisingly have been there ever since. He also put in the algae eaters which are ok but get kind of big so I may sell the to the pet store. He got the South American Puffer too and it has been great with all the other fish. I need to get more plants because he evidently let all but one plant die off.

So excited to have a tank again!

Hi, look forward to pics once you get sorted! Love dwarf puffers, how old is your little guy?

He's 2 years old. There were more but I think the first moving of the tank eventually killed them. Hard to find though I had to hound my lfs to get them ordered lol.

He's 2 years old. There were more but I think the first moving of the tank eventually killed them. Hard to find though I had to hound my lfs to get them ordered lol.

Glad he made it! I am waiting for my lfs to get them in!! Slightly impatient ;-) how big is your guy? Welcome to the forum by the way.

Maybe an inch long. He is by far the most docile fish in the tank but also seems to have the most personality and like me the best. This has been his 2nd move so lets hope he makes it. So far so good but its only been a week. The south american puffer is the one im worried about. I didn't buy him and his teeth have gotten large. I am so afraid to do dental work. He isn't aggressive at all though he just seems bored which is why I have to add more plants. I think he is about a year and a half old. and actually the dp is probably almost 3 years old now that i think about it.

Maybe an inch long. He is by far the most docile fish in the tank but also seems to have the most personality and like me the best. This has been his 2nd move so lets hope he makes it. So far so good but its only been a week. The south american puffer is the one im worried about. I didn't buy him and his teeth have gotten large. I am so afraid to do dental work. He isn't aggressive at all though he just seems bored which is why I have to add more plants. I think he is about a year and a half old. and actually the dp is probably almost 3 years old now that i think about it.

Fingers crossed for your little guy! Yeah, had herd their beaks can get overgrown, watched a YouTube video of the treatment they require occasionally...didn't imagine I would ever be anaesthetising fish when I got into this hobby?!?! good luck, thus forum will be lots of help to you I'm sure, people seem very knowledgable (not me) ;-) and keen to help!

Back
Top Bottom