Back and cycled!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd skip the mollies. 4 is really overdoing it IMO with the apisto pair in there, the future tetras, and the future cories. If you have ever seen an adult molly, you'll know what I mean. If you haven't, just remember that most of the mollies you see at the LFS are about half their potential adult size.

If this were my tank, I'd stock the apisto pair, the cories, and 10-12 smaller tetras like rummynose, cardinal, neon, etc. That's it.

I really think 8 tetras, 6 julii's, and the pair of cacs should be it. I'm not one for pushing limits.

Personally, I think your cardinals and/or other tetras would be more happy if you did a larger than minimum school and stuck to one species. For instance, 10 of one OR 10 of the other are going to be more comfortable than 6 of each.

See the beauty of stocking a tank? They are endless. You'll have to decide for yourself in the end. Here's a "formula" for which many fish will fit.

For a 29, I'd recommend

1. your apistos and no other cichlid or bigger bodied fish.
2. 6-8 schooling fish, all the same species, that do not exceed 2" at fully grown and are larger than the apistos mouths.
3. A school of 4-6 cories or small loaches all of the same species.
4. Maintain a thriving tank and allow it to mature. The really cool stuff can only be observed after the tank is well established and stable.

My taste is reflected in this "recipe", but it'll work. You could also do a standard hodge podge tank of 2 of this and that, but those stop being interesting pretty quickly IMO.

No matter what..... repeated possible stock lists when most everything has been covered has gotten a bit repetitive. I understand the excitement of setting up a tank, but I'd suggest you focus that excitement towards researching the individual fish you like through available web sources versus new posts. Just my 2 cents.

The information has been given, over and over, and there is plenty of guidance here to assist with decision making. You can't keep every cool fish out there so at some point you will have to just go with something rather than posting the same questions over and over with [insert schooling fish here] as the only change to each question. This will be my last post in this thread.

i think i might do 12 harlequins bc on aqadvisor it say id be at 86% so if i ever had an algae problem id have room for a bristlenose pleco or 3 otos

i gave everybody rep points for helping me out. except rosenweiss it wouldnt let me give you any... sorry.

allaboutfish said:
i gave everybody rep points for helping me out. except rosenweiss it wouldnt let me give you any... sorry.

Rep points are also a lot like street shout-outs on Cash Cab.....hahaha! I hope you enjoy your fish :)

ok so i need a clean up crew since my corys had to be removed any suggestion with the pair and 12 harlequins perferably somethin that can swim fast and stays more to the middle of the tank.

I'm not so sure clean up crew and middle dwelling fish belong in the same sentence (or should I say sentence-less)... and the best cleanup crew ever is a good gravel vac once a week ;)

wait one thing ive been worried about is will the harlequins or the parent take care of the fry?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom