Back Ground choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ricky@3rdshift

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just wonering what everyone does with the backs of the tanks? I don't want to paint it black, I was thinking of a designed textured back ground that slips inside or even a cool looking cheesey laminted design.

I have never used paint but instead bought the solid backing from the LFS. I alternated between the dark blue and the black, and stuck with the black.

I know a few people who have used the laminate and vinyl shelf liner paper... lots more options that way

:)

my last sw i painted the back of the tank solid blue, this one i recently started up i got some solid blue backing from a lfs

yea I was thinking about a blue or black back ground wife wants corals in the back ground, but I have rock 3/4 way up the back wall right now.

painting is best if you dont want to deal with the saltwater between the background and the glass. if you dont mind, or that is not an issue, than whatever backgroudn you choose is up to you. i personaly painted mine, and it was very easy and requires no maintenence. you could easily pain whatever you wanted and still have the ease of getting rid of it if oy dont like it. a couple of 8 oz bottles of paint are cheaper than a background, imo. plus therse alot more youcan do with paint. just depends on what you want.

The only problem with paint is if you decide you want black instead of blue or vice versa one day. I personally think the black is more pleasing, and I think it gives a better depth to the tank. I would go with the vinyl or laminate backdrop just in case.

Mike

I installed an Oceanvisions Deep Ocean Blue Background on mine... I also got the black in the event I want to change down the road... $1.99/ft for the 19" Heigth...

Was a snap to put on, Sprayed Soapy water on Backgroud and back of Tank, applied, and squeegeed out the bubbles... looks nice... not sure how it will hold up, since my Tank is still in progress.

SW2

i used t he 8 oz bottle from the craft section at walmart. i think it costs like 2.97 less. they also have a smaller bottle for 44 cents. i used a small roller. very small and simple to do. if you ever wnat to take it off, all you have to do is scrap with a razor, it comes off pretty easily. that being mentioned, once it dries, youneed to be carefull once you put all of the media back on the tank. i had to do a coupleof touch ups after placing the power filter back on, but not to bad.

Back
Top Bottom