Back in the tank game....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a good note the mag 18 is pumping great flow into the reactors so that is a huge plus.... I want to see how well the media will tumble in it but don't want to waste any..... lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just ordered Dr. Tims one and only to help cycle the tank..... so i am hoping to get the cycle started when the rock and sand gets here on Wednesday..... Still going to do a 4 week setting before any fish or live stock is put in the tank..... As I want to let the bacteria colonize on the rock and biopellets..... I got the dr. Tims with the free ammonia so i can get the ammonia in the tank to kick start this off right.... so i figure 4 weeks will get is as stable as can be....

Anyone here using the maxspect razor R420R?
I was looking at the 160 watt one but want to know if they are a good light.... have been reading a lot of reviews on them and they seem to be a solid light

Ok.... not good news now.... just got home from work at around 3:15 am to come in and check for leaks on the tank.... it's been running for about 12 hrs. And what do I find..... yep you guessed it a leak..... but not a leak in the plumbing oh no..... A leak at the seam on the bottom.... I have seal tanks before so now I have to drain it out cut out the old silicone remove the bottom trim and redo the bottom glass of the tank..... not going to be fun.... so now it delays progress for around another week or so.... not in the best of moods now....

And of course I didn't see it when it was running before or when I filled it to clean it out.....

Small leak that will lead to big head aches later on down the road

Attachments

• 1392547920345.jpg
    1392547920345.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 109
Small leak that will lead to big head aches later on down the road

You sure do have a fun task ahead. I don't like resealing tanks that's for sure, good luck to you and atleast you found it now instead of it being full of stock!

It shouldn't be to bad it's just finding the time to do it.... i will cut the old out with a razor and clean the seams and re glue it.... spent to much on other stuff i can't go get a new tank :banghead:

It shouldn't be to bad it's just finding the time to do it.... i will cut the old out with a razor and clean the seams and re glue it.... spent to much on other stuff i can't go get a new tank :banghead:

Yeah I hear you there. It is easy to do just takes too much time scraping and drying

Yeah... have to have done by Wednesday my rock and sand will be here then

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

And the draining began.... hope I have time to get it all cut out and re sealed before I have to go to work....

And the draining began.... hope I have time to get it all cut out and re sealed before I have to go to work....

Call in! Tell em your sick! Tell em you have mts they won't catch on!

I would but I am still on my 90 day probation with the union....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok got it all cut out and cleaned.... re sealed it up now to let it dry and see if it holds.... fingers crossed

It was leaking on the side of the overflow so i redid that small section on the back and the short side of the tank..... didn't have to re seal the whole thing.... so that's a plus..... Also thinking of sealing the edge of the trim along the whole tank.... just for reinforcement

Ok well the retest fill is going on now.... fingers crossed...

Man o man.... can't wait for Wednesday I get my sand and rock.... then Thursday my vertex omega 150 skimmer will be here.... I am over eager and want to start aquascaping my tank.... (as long as the new silicone holds)

Ok so i mad it home from work and I checked on the tank to see if the seal held.... and what dis I find??? Yep it was still going strong.... super excited about that.... so now when all my stuff comes in I will be able to aquascape the tank and really get going with this build.... :D

Glad you got the leak sealed up! Thats a great thing. :) I've also been inpatiantly waiting for fishie stuff since last week. lol

Back
Top Bottom